Patient FAQ

You can only travel within Canada. If you travel outside of Canada you are subject to that location’s local laws and regulations. When travelling with medical marijuana you must ensure that it is in it’s original packaging and that you have your ID card on you.

NO. The highway traffic act states clearly that you cannot operate a vehicle while under the influence. Medical Marijuana consumption is considered to have the effect of making someone “under the influence”. Therefore, you MUST practice safety in regards to always driving sober.

You can apply for a doctor issued medical license to grow cannabis. For yourself, or to designate someone to grow on your behalf, a personal production application or designated grower application can be submitted by mail to Health Canada for approval. Health Canada processes the application and, if approved, will issue a grow license to either the patient or the designated grower.
The short answer is NO.

However if you are interested in learning how to make your own edibles please contact us!

Generally this practice would leave the patient in a state referred to as “under the influence”. Therefore this is not a generally accepted practice.

However, this is ultimately up to your employer and determined on a case by case basis.

More places are allowing the use reported in 2018.

The recommended way to use cannabis is with a vaporizer however more are transitioning to edibles. We can provide you with information on how to obtain the best vaporizers for your needs and share with you on safe dosing strategies.

Cannabis oil is also another option when considering the use of medical cannabis as it can be edible.

This process begins for ErieRest once your application is complete and submitted to us via FAX or Email.

We average a 7 day processing time from beginning to end.

At an average here at ErieRest we have experienced prices ranging from $4-$12/gram.

The great news is many Licensed Producers offer a compassionate pricing program for their clients if that is something you require. Don’t be afraid to inquire! If you don’t ask they may not ask.

Typically doctors will write a medical cannabis prescription for a year at a time. However, this is always evaluated on a case by case basis for each patient.

Our Digital membership cost is 79.99+tax and our Care+ membership cost is $149.99+tax.

Each Licensed Producer will have their own process and policies on returns or exchanges.
You will need to speak with your Licensed Producer directly if/when you are unhappy with any medication you have received.

A LP or formally known as a Licensed Producer is basically the supplier of your pharmaceutical need.

They are unique in product selections, customer service, and offerings,pricing,strain selection and more.

Here at ErieRest we recommend MedReleaf.

  1. A letter of diagnosis from a doctor for personal purposes  (even from a Walk-In Clinic.)
  2. Documents from your medical file that state your Medical Condition E.G. Radiology Report. (As a Canadian you have the right to obtain your medical file, it may cost you a few dollars, but it is your right.)
  3. A list of prescriptions from the pharmacist for the last 6 months. (Go to your pharmacy, provide photo ID, ask for a free prescription history.)
  4. A statement of disability from the Government as long as it states your disability, if applicable.
  5. WSIB documentation confirming your diagnosis.
  6. Doctor Patient Referral Form.
YES. We have actually found that veterans affairs will cover most of the costs associated with medical cannabis use including the cost of vaporizers. Simply contact us and we can with the forms required by veterans affairs Canada.